One of my favorite quotations is from Ralph Waldo Emerson: “All generalizations are dangerous including this one”. The most dangerous generalizations are those about race. Can’t you take a joke, yo…
The most dangerous generalizations are those about race.
Can’t you take a joke, you Irish thicko?
A very dear friend of mine keeps sending me e-mails with titles like “You’ve got to love the Irish”. These e-mails are compilations of “Irish jokes”. My secondary response, after the initial “racist bitch” was: “Why have you got to love the Irish?” Her reply was: “Because they are so dumb”.
I patiently explained to her that, although the jokes did indeed illustrate elements of stupidity, they were actually made-up stories and were not evidence of stupidity in the real world.
Call me literal-minded, pedantic if you must. “Political correctness gone mad” some will cry.
My very first (and very mild) comment on an Open Salon post over three years ago caused the poster to call me…
View original post 3,236 more words
Ten facts that prove right-wingers are not the sharpest tools in the box. Imagine how thick you’d have to be to believe the Tories are paying off the country’s debts: And you’d ha…
Ten facts that prove right-wingers are not the sharpest tools in the box.
- Imagine how thick you’d have to be to believe the Tories are paying off the country’s debts:
- And you’d have to be pretty dense, surely, to read the Daily Mail and think it’s social media that’s brain-washing people with fake news and propaganda:
- Right-wingers are also so gullible they think a “working-class fightback against the global elite” can be launched from the inside of a gold-clad elevator:
- And they’re so thick, they think it was Gordon Brown not bankers that caused the 2008 global economic crisis (the clue’s in the word global, guys):
- And you can’t be very intelligent if you believe the best way for Britain to lead the world on trade … is to leave the world’s biggest trading block:
- And how dopey would you need to be to think the NHS crisis was caused by…
View original post 103 more words
Panic on the streets of London Panic on the streets of Birmingham I wonder to myself Could life ever be sane again ? The Leeds side-streets that you slip down I wonder to myself Hopes may rise on t…
Source: Hang the DJ